Fri, Dec 02|
País Vasco: Bilbao, San Sebastián, Vitoria 2/12-6/12
With you we will visit one of the most emblematic areas of Spain: País Vasco. Here we will visit 3 of the main cities: Bilbao, San Sebastian and Vitoria.
Time & Location
Dec 02, 2022, 11:45 PM – Dec 06, 2022, 11:45 PM
About the Event
1️⃣First day: Bilbao 3/12
- We will arrive at 8 am to Bilbao. You will have free time for breakfast and stroll around the city until 11.30.
- At 12.00 we will start a guided tour of the city.
- At 14.00 we will have time for lunch and free time.
- In the afternoon we will visit the Guggenheim Museum.
- After the visit to the museum, we will return to the hotel, where there will be free time for dinner and a shower.
- In the evening you can go out partying.
- This first night will be spent in Bilbao.
Bilbao is the administrative centre of the province of Vizcaya and is the largest city in the País Vasco. The city is located along the banks of the Nervión River with its unique tides. This place used to be a fishing village. The founding date of the city was July 15, 1300. In 1511, Queen Juana de Castilla ordered the creation of the Consulate of Bilbao, which determined the destiny of the city as one of the most important port routes in northern Spain in later centuries.
The most important landmark is the Guggenheim Museum.
The architecture of the building is unique and was designed by one of the most famous contemporary architects. It looks like a huge bird looking up at the sky. The museum houses many various works of art from the 20th century.
An interesting attraction for visitors is the glass bridge that crosses the river to the Guggenheim Museum. The main attractions of the city include the ancient Church of San Nicolás de Bari, the Cathedral of Santiago built in the 14th century, the Basilica Cathedral of Santiago, and the Church of San Antonio. In the old town, there are beautiful old mansions in the Negura area. And, of course, it is interesting to visit one of the largest markets in Europe, the modernist Mercado de la Ribera. The people here are very welcoming and cheerful. Visitors can admire not only history, but the modern and architecturally interesting buildings, beautiful museums, and famous local cuisine.
2️⃣Second day: Bilbao – Game of thrones tour 4/12
- If you are interested in going on the tour to see where the wonderful Game of Thrones series was filmed, you can go. This is optional, so those who don't want to take the tour will have free time to explore the town.
- At 19:00 we will depart to San Sebastian, where we will spend the night.
3️⃣Third day: San Sebastian 5/12
- In the morning, after breakfast, we will take a guided tour of the city. After this, there will be free time for walking and lunch.
- After lunch, we will visit the Aquarium and then there will be free time to stroll around the port area and the beaches.
- At 21:00 we will be on our way to Vitoria, where we will spend the night.
San Sebastián is the largest city and the administrative centre of the province of Guipuzoca and in Basque, it is called Donostia. The city was founded in the 12th century and was for a long time a small fishing village near the port that handled the wine and oil trade with France and England.
It is called “the pearl of the Cantabrian coast” and it gained its fame as one of the most elegant and luxurious resorts in Spain. Its significance occurred in the First World War in which Spain did not participate. During this period, San Sebastián became the most fashionable place for vacations during the reign of Alfonso XII and Franco.
You can’t talk about the city without mentioning the coast because it is completely unforgettable!🤯
San Sebastián is located in a beautiful bay surrounded by mountains on both sides. On one side is the castle of La Mota, where you can find a statue of Jesus Christ, and on the other side of the park there is a cable car and a promenade, and the views are impressive.😍
4️⃣Fourth day: Vitoria and return to Valencia 6/12
- In the morning we will have a tour of the city centre and have free time for the rest of the day until 18.00.
- At 18.00 we return to Valencia.
- Around 00.00 we will arrive in Valencia.
Vitoria is the most modest of the Basque cities. It does not have an elegant beach like San Sebastián or a Guggenheim Museum like Bilbao and for that reason, it is often overlooked, but, Vitoria offers visitors many of the same things as other Basque cities and also many others that you will only find here.
A good example is the medieval centre of Vitoria. Many buildings date from the 15th century and even earlier and are very well preserved. The old town is shaped like an almond and is partially surrounded by an 11th-century wall and several impressive watchtowers.
The old town is also home to several palaces. The Bendaña and Escoriaza-Esquivel palaces are two excellent examples of Renaissance architecture that should not be missed. The Bendaña Palace houses a museum dedicated to playing cards. It is quite a peculiar subject for a museum, but it is interesting regardless. Outside of the old town, there are some “newer” palaces that also deserve a mention, such as the Palacio de Agustín-Zulueta, which now houses the Museum of Fine Arts. Located just opposite, is the Ajuria Enea Palace, where the Lehendakari (President of the Spanish Basque Country) resides. This building is off-limits for visitors but can still be glimpsed from the outside.
Are you ready to get to know the north of Spain with us?👌🏼🤩
- Private bus to San Sebastián, Bilbao and Vitoria
- Free time in San Sebastián, Bilbao and Vitoria
- 3 nights accommodation
- Guided Tour Bilbao
- Soy Erasmus STAFF
- Road insurance
- Everything that is not mentioned in "Included"
- Breakfast, Lunch and dinner
- Public transport ticket in the city: Taxi / Bus, etc.
- Game of Thrones tour ticket
- Entrance to the Aquarium
- Entrance to the Guggenheim Museum
TICKETS FROM 10 TO 20€223.00
TICKETS FROM 20-30€233.00
TICKETS FROM 30-40€243.00